About Teacher Catalina
Welcome to my website! I’m Catalina, a Spanish Teacher, Language Lover, and World Traveler. I’m passionate about helping people learn Spanish and experience the World through Travel. Everyone can achieve their goals with the right tools and resources.
I started this website to share my love of Spanish and Travel with others. I hope you’ll find my resources helpful and inspiring. Whether you’re just beginning with Spanish or looking to travel more, I’m here to help you reach your goals.
During my 17 years of teaching Spanish, I spent a lot of time specializing in Spanish language acquisition & learning Spanish as a Second Language. I have always continued my education to advance my teaching ability. Therefore, I can help you learn Spanish, share my expertise as an educator, collaborate with people worldwide, and share my travels.
My Education and Professional Achievements
- Bachelor’s Degree: Spanish Language Education Bachelor of Science Degree
- Masters’s Degree: Educational Leadership Masters of Education Degree
- Masters’s Degree: Instructional Design and Technology Masters of Science Degree
- 3 Time Teacher of the Year
- Lead Teacher
- 17 years of teaching experience (8 Years of Classroom teaching + 9 Years of virtual Teaching)
- Spanish Learning YouTube Channel With 11,101 Subscribers on YouTube
I’m a native Spanish speaker from Colombia. I moved to the United States when I was 16 years old, and I’ve been teaching Spanish ever since. I love helping people learn a new language, and I’m always looking for new and innovative ways to make language learning fun and effective.
I’m also a big fan of travel, and I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to many different countries worldwide. I believe that travel is one of the best ways to learn about a new culture, and I’m always looking for new opportunities to experience different cultures through language learning.
My Teaching Philosophy
Everyone can learn a new language, regardless of age, background, or learning style. Learning a new language should be fun and rewarding. My teaching philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Communication is key. The goal of language learning is to be able to communicate with others. I focus on teaching my students how to use the language in real-world situations.
- Practice makes perfect. The more you practice, the better you will become at speaking a new language. I give my students plenty of opportunities to practice speaking, listening, reading, and writing in Spanish.
- Make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes when they’re learning a new language. I encourage my students not to be afraid to make mistakes. Mistakes are a natural part of the learning process.
- Have fun! Learning a new language should be fun. I create a positive and supportive learning environment where my students can feel comfortable taking risks and making mistakes.
I offer a variety of resources for Spanish language learners, including:
- Spanish lessons. I offer Spanish Video lessons for all levels.
- Spanish blog. I write a Spanish blog with tips, resources, and advice for Spanish language learners.
- Library of Spanish Resources: 51 free Spanish Recourses & handouts
- Spanish Vocabulary Lists. I create Spanish vocabulary lists for all levels.
- Spanish Grammar Guides. I create Spanish grammar guides for all levels.
- Travel Blog: Where I write about my Travels
- Teacher Salary: Check where teachers make more
- YouTube: with over 200 Videos
If you want to learn Spanish or are taking a Spanish class at your school, college, or university, I hope these resources help and support you wherever needed. I want you to learn Spanish in a fun, easy, and engaging way while becoming more confident in speaking Spanish. My blog and channel are made for you, whether you need extra help for your Spanish exams, want to communicate with Spanish speakers, or plan to travel to a Spanish-speaking country. My lessons cover vocabulary, grammar, Tips and tricks, Culture, and more!
If you are a Spanish teacher or a professor, I am super excited to share these resources with you! I believe in collaboration and helping each other with the intent of helping our students.
Wishing you a fantastic day,
~ Teacher Catalina
Contact me & Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Teachercatalina/
Contact me & Check out my Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/youtubeteachercatalina/
Contact me & Check out my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/teachercatalina
Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for any business inquiries.