Becoming a hub for pickleball enthusiasts. Amidst the iconic neon lights and bustling boulevards, a unique blend of tennis, badminton, and ping pong takes Las Vegas by storm. As the sport continues to spike in popularity,
a niche of hotels catering to pickleball has emerged. Dive in as we explore the three best pickleball hotels in Sin City, ensuring your stay is as thrilling on the court as it is off!
We may receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my Dreams.
1. Plaza Hotel
- Rating: ★★★★☆
- 4.0 Stars 16,113 Google reviews
- 4-star hotel
- Pickleball Facilities: 12 permanent pickleball courts, 1 championship court that can be converted into 4 temporary tournament-level courts.
Why this ranking: The Plaza Hotel tops our list primarily because of its extensive pickleball facilities. A total of up to 16 potential courts are impressive and caters to casual players and those looking to engage in more competitive play. The championship court’s flexibility is a bonus for tournaments or larger group activities.
Reasons to Stay at the Plaza Hotel for Pickleball:
1. Extensive Facilities: You have many options with 12 permanent pickleball courts and a championship court that can be converted into 4 additional temporary tournament-level courts. This makes it easier to find an available court and allows for both casual and competitive play.
2. Tournament Opportunities: The presence of a championship court suggests that the hotel may host tournaments or events. This can be a bonus if you want to participate in or watch competitive play.
3. Central Location: The Plaza Hotel is located downtown, giving you a different vibe than the main Strip and offering a variety of entertainment, dining, and sightseeing options.
4. Integrated Experience: Staying in the same place where you play means you can easily transition from game time to relaxation or other activities without the need for transportation.
Reasons You Might Hesitate to Stay at the Plaza Hotel for Pickleball:
1. Potential for Crowds: The Plaza may attract many players with its extensive pickleball facilities. This can be great for socializing but might mean you occasionally have to wait for an available court, especially during peak times or events.
2. Downtown vs. Strip: While downtown Las Vegas has its unique charm, it’s different from the Strip’s glitz and glam. You might feel a bit removed if you’re looking for that classic Las Vegas Strip experience.
3. Noise Levels: Downtown Las Vegas can be noisy, especially around the Fremont Street Experience. This could be a consideration if you’re sensitive to noise or prefer a more tranquil environment post-match.
4. Amenities and Luxury: While the Plaza offers good amenities, some guests might find other Las Vegas properties more luxurious or with a wider array of non-pickleball amenities.
Your decision should be based on how much weight you place on pickleball in your Las Vegas experience. If having immediate, extensive access to pickleball courts is a top priority, the Plaza Hotel is a solid choice.
However, suppose you’re balancing pickleball with other Las Vegas experiences or amenities. In that case, it might be worth considering other options or at least weighing the pros and cons based on your personal preferences.
2. Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
- Rating: ★★★★☆
- 3.9 Stars, 19,670 Google reviews
- 3-star hotel
- Pickleball Facilities: 8 dedicated outdoor hard courts with permanent lines and nets. Facilities like lights, restrooms, and water are readily accessible for players.
Why this ranking: Coming close is the Westgate with its 8 dedicated courts. Its commitment is evident in the infrastructure – permanent nets and lines, and the addition of facilities like lighting ensures players can enjoy extended matches even after sunset. While it doesn’t offer as many courts as the Plaza, its well-thought-out amenities promise a stellar pickleball experience.
Reasons to Stay at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino for Pickleball:
1. Dedicated Facilities: Westgate boasts 8 dedicated outdoor hard courts designed for pickleball, ensuring a top-notch playing experience. The permanent lines and nets show a commitment to the sport.
2. Comprehensive Amenities: The inclusion of lights means that evening games are feasible. Additionally, players’ comfort and needs are considered with on-site restrooms and water access.
3. Luxury Resort: Westgate offers a luxurious stay experience beyond pickleball. You get to enjoy a comprehensive Las Vegas experience, from entertainment shows to a plethora of dining options.
4. Convenient Location: Located close to the Strip, you get both the convenience of proximity to major attractions and a slightly more relaxed environment than the Strip’s heart.
5. Broad Appeal: For those traveling with companions less interested in pickleball, Westgate offers numerous other amenities to keep everyone entertained.
Reasons You Might Hesitate to Stay at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino for Pickleball:
1. Fewer Courts than Some Competitors: While 8 courts are impressive, if you compare directly to places like the Plaza Hotel, fewer courts are available. During peak times, this could mean longer wait times.
2. Popularity: Given Westgate’s reputation and the quality of its courts, it might attract many pickleball enthusiasts, leading to crowded courts, especially during events or tournaments.
3. Cost: Being a luxury resort, the cost of staying at the Westgate might be higher than other accommodations. It’s essential to weigh the overall value based on your budget.
4. Size of the Resort: Westgate is expansive, which is fantastic in terms of offerings but might also mean longer walks from your room to the courts or other amenities.
If you’re seeking a blend of luxury resort amenities and dedicated pickleball facilities, the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino is a compelling choice.
However, it’s essential to balance your priorities. If your primary objective is to maximize your pickleball playing time and court availability, you should compare with other options in Las Vegas. If you want a holistic Las Vegas experience with the bonus of great pickleball facilities, Westgate seems like an excellent place to consider.
3. Carriage House
- Rating: ★★★☆☆
- 4.5 Stars, 1,378 Google reviews
- 3-star hotel
Pickleball Facilities: 4 Courts
Why this ranking: The Carriage House offers a more intimate pickleball experience with its 4 courts. While it might not have the expansive facilities of the other two, it caters perfectly to guests who prefer a quieter environment. It ranks third due to the fewer number of courts, but don’t let that deter you. Quality often trumps quantity.
Reasons to Stay at the Carriage House for Pickleball:
1. Boutique Experience: Unlike the massive resorts of Las Vegas, Carriage House offers a more intimate experience, potentially leading to a quieter environment for those who prefer it.
2. Quality Over Quantity: While Carriage House has 4 pickleball courts, fewer courts can sometimes mean better maintenance and attention to each court’s condition.
3. Central Location: Situated close to the heart of the Strip, you’ll have easy access to all the entertainment, dining, and shopping options that Las Vegas has to offer.
4. Less Crowded: Fewer courts and a boutique feel might translate to fewer pickleball players, allowing for more spontaneous play without long waits.
Reasons You Might Hesitate to Stay at the Carriage House for Pickleball:
1. Limited Courts: With only 4 courts, there is a potential for these to be occupied, especially during peak times or if any events are ongoing.
2. Less Social Interaction: One of the joys of pickleball for many players is the social aspect. With fewer courts and potentially fewer players, there might be less opportunity for varied play against different opponents.
3. Fewer Amenities: Boutique hotels like the Carriage House might not offer the same range of amenities as larger resorts, such as multiple dining options, entertainment shows, or expansive pools.
4. Potential for No Dedicated Events: Larger resorts with more courts might host pickleball events or tournaments, which could be a draw for enthusiasts. The Carriage House, with its limited courts, might not offer such events.
The Carriage House offers a unique blend of intimacy and accessibility to the Strip, making it a good option for those who prefer quieter accommodations. If you’re seeking a laid-back pickleball experience without the hustle and bustle of larger resorts, it’s a solid choice.
However, if your trip’s focus is primarily on maximizing pickleball playtime, interacting with a large community of players, or enjoying extensive on-site amenities, you might want to explore other options in Las Vegas.