- Our Ranking: ★★★☆☆
- 4.5 Stars 36,326 Google reviews
- 4-star hotel
- Spotlight: A self-contained resort with something for everyone.
Amenities: Bowling center, movie theaters, equestrian center, and a massive casino.
A resort that offers a unique blend of Vegas-style entertainment without the constant hustle of the main boulevard. But is it the right tranquil oasis for your Vegas escapade? Let’s explore the South Point deeper.
Average room rates for different types of rooms at the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa
|Room Type||Average Room Rate (USD)|
|Premium King Room||$83|
|Premium Two Queen Room||$88|
Pros and cons of staying at the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa
|Affordable room rates||Off the Las Vegas Strip, so it may be less convenient for some guests|
|Spacious rooms||Some rooms are dated and could use an update|
|Variety of amenities, including a casino, spa, and pools||Resort fee (typical for Vegas)|
|Free parking||Not as many restaurants and attractions as some other Las Vegas resorts|
Reasons South Point Might Be Your Dream Destination:
1. Holistic Experience: As its name suggests, South Point isn’t just a hotel. With its own casino and a full-service spa, it promises a comprehensive Vegas experience without needing to step out.
2. Equestrian Extravaganza: Unique among Vegas properties, South Point boasts a state-of-the-art Equestrian Center, offering a refreshing change of pace for horse lovers and event attendees.
3. Varied Dining Delights: From gourmet steakhouses to casual diners, South Point serves up a delectable array of culinary options, catering to all taste buds.
4. Entertainment Galore: With a 16-screen movie theater, bowling alley, and frequent live performances, there’s never a dull moment.
5. Value for Money: Often, the prices at South Point are more reasonable compared to the premium rates of the Strip’s luxury resorts.
Aspects to Ponder Before Booking at South Point:
1. Distance from The Strip: If your heart is set on daily jaunts to the Strip, the distance might be a factor. However, the hotel does offer a shuttle service, alleviating some of this concern.
2. Quieter Vibe: While it’s part of its charm, those looking for the non-stop energy of central Vegas might find South Point’s ambiance a tad too serene.
3. Fewer Iconic Shows: While South Point offers plenty of entertainment, it doesn’t host the mega-residencies or iconic performances that some of the Strip’s venues do.
In conclusion, the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa is perfect for those seeking a more relaxed, comprehensive Las Vegas experience without the chaos of the Strip. It’s a place where you can indulge in the pleasures of Sin City and retreat to a peaceful abode after. If that aligns with your vision of a dreamy Vegas vacation, South Point might just be your spot!