Revitalize your Fort Myers Airport (RSW) travel experience with our comprehensive guide. Whether a frequent flyer or a first-time visitor, this guide will ensure you’re well-equipped to make the most of your time at RSW. Explore everything from terminal insights and gate details to parking options, dining, and even catching some rest during layovers. Join us in unraveling the secrets to a smooth journey through this bustling gateway.
We may receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my Dreams.
Updated 2024 Fort Myers Airport Information
|Airport Name||Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)|
|Location||South Fort Myers, Florida|
|Airlines||14 airlines, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines|
|Destinations||More than 100 destinations in the United States, Canada, and Germany|
|New routes in 2024||Breeze Airways will add nine new routes from Fort Myers in November: Akron-Canton, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky; New Orleans; Norfolk, Virginia; Pittsburgh; Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina; Richmond, Virginia; and Syracuse, New York.|
|Construction projects||The airport is currently undergoing a $2.6 billion expansion project, which includes the construction of a new terminal, a new runway, and a new parking garage. The project is expected to be completed in 2027.|
|Parking||The airport has three parking garages and two surface lots. Parking rates start at $2 per hour.|
|Transportation||The airport is served by the LeeTran bus system. The bus stop is located just outside the terminal.|
|Other amenities||The airport has a variety of amenities, including a food court, a newsstand, a gift shop, and a business center.|
Restaurants at Fort Myers Airport and Their Google Rating, Location, and opening times.
Fort Myers International Airport (RSW) is a large and busy airport with over 10 million passengers yearly. With so many people coming and going, it’s no surprise that there are a variety of restaurants to choose from, serving everything from quick snacks to fine dining.
Here are a few of the most popular restaurants at RSW, along with their Google rating, location, and opening times:
|Restaurant||Location||Terminal||Description||Google rating||Opening times|
|Air Margaritaville Restaurant||Terminal 1, Concourse A||Pre-security||Casual dining restaurant with a menu of American fare and a large selection of margaritas.||4.2 out of 5 stars (1,000+ reviews)||Open daily from 11am to 10pm.|
|BurgerFi||Terminal 1, Concourse B||Post-security||Fast-casual burger restaurant with a menu of made-to-order burgers, fries, and shakes.||4.3 out of 5 stars (500+ reviews)||Open daily from 11am to 9pm.|
|Chili’s Grill & Bar||Terminal 1, Concourse C||Post-security||Casual dining restaurant with a menu of American favorites, including burgers, ribs, and fajitas.||4 out of 5 stars (1,000+ reviews)||Open daily from 11am to 9pm.|
|Starbucks||All terminals||Pre- and post-security||Coffee shop with a variety of coffee drinks, pastries, and sandwiches.||4.5 out of 5 stars (10,000+ reviews)||Open daily from 5am to 10pm.|
|The Counter||Terminal 2, Concourse D||Post-security||Custom burger restaurant where you can build your own burger.||4 out of 5 stars (500+ reviews)||Open daily from 11am to 9pm.|
|Cask & Ale||Terminal 2, Concourse E||Post-security||Pub with a menu of burgers, sandwiches, and salads.||4 out of 5 stars (500+ reviews)||Open daily from 11am to 9pm.|
|Zona Fresca||Terminal 4, Lower Terminal Dr||Pre-security||Counter-service Mexican eatery with a menu of burritos, tacos, and salads.||4.1 out of 5 stars (500+ reviews)||Open daily from 11am to 8pm.|
Amenities available at the Fort Myers Airport:
- Food and drinks: There are a variety of restaurants and cafes available at the airport, both pre- and post-security. These include fast food, casual dining, and fine dining options. There are also several bars and coffee shops.
- Shopping: There are a number of shops selling souvenirs, gifts, books, magazines, and other items. There is also a duty-free shop.
- ATMs: There are several ATMs located throughout the airport.
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport.
- Charging stations: There are many charging stations available throughout the airport, including in the terminals, concourses, and security checkpoints.
- Luggage storage: There is no luggage storage at the airport.
- Rest areas: There are several rest areas located throughout the airport, including quiet rooms, napping areas, and family rooms.
- Business center: There is a business center located in the main terminal. This offers faxing, photocopying, and printing services.
- Nursing rooms: There are several nursing rooms located throughout the airport, both pre- and post-security.
- Airport lounges: There are several airport lounges available for passengers to use, either for free or for a fee. These lounges offer a variety of amenities, such as free food and drinks, Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating.
Security procedures at Fort Myers Airport (RSW)
- You will need to show your boarding pass and identification to the TSA officer at the security checkpoint.
- You will need to remove your shoes, belt, jacket, and hat, and place them in a bin for X-ray screening.
- You will need to remove your laptop and liquids from your carry-on luggage and place them in a separate bin for X-ray screening.
- You will need to walk through a metal detector.
- You may be selected for additional screening, such as a pat-down or a swab of your hands for explosives.
The security procedures at RSW are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to check the TSA website for the latest information.
Airlines Operating From RSW
|Air Canada||AC||Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary|
|Alaska Airlines||AS||Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles|
|American Airlines||AA||Dallas/Fort Worth, Charlotte, Chicago, New York|
|Delta Air Lines||DL||Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York|
|Frontier Airlines||F9||Denver, Las Vegas, Orlando|
|JetBlue Airways||B6||Boston, New York, Fort Lauderdale|
|Spirit Airlines||NK||Chicago, Detroit, Las Vegas, Orlando|
|Southwest Airlines||SWA||Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas|
|Sun Country Airlines||SY||Minneapolis/St. Paul, Orlando|
|United Airlines||UA||Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, New York|
|WestJet||WS||Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto|
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there may be other airlines that operate from RSW. You can check the official website of RSW Airport for the latest list of airlines and destinations.
Shops at Fort Myers Airport and their Location and opening times.
Encounter a range of shopping options at Fort Myers Airport, though experiences may vary. The airport’s shopping scene caters to different preferences, from pricey fashion outlets showcasing the latest styles to duty-free stores claiming deals on luxury goods. Engage in retail therapy at recognizable brand stores, hunt for souvenirs in local artisan stalls, and navigate several convenience shops for travel necessities. Whether you’re seeking upscale items or rushed purchases, the shops at Fort Myers Airport offer a pre-flight shopping encounter.
|Brighton Collectibles||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||9am to 9pm|
|Coastal News||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||9am to 9pm|
|Dunkin’ Donuts (2 locations)||Main Terminal, Concourse A and Concourse B||Pre- and post-security||5am to 8pm|
|Jose Cuervo Tequileria||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||10am to 9pm|
|Nathan’s||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||11am to 9pm|
|Quizno’s||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||11am to 9pm|
|PGA Tour Shop||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||9am to 9pm|
|Shula’s Bar & Grill||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Post-security||11am to 9pm|
|Starbucks (2 locations)||Main Terminal, Concourse A and Concourse B||Pre- and post-security||5am to 10pm|
|Tropical Expressions||Main Terminal, Concourse A||Pre-security||10am to 9pm|
|The Beaches Travelmart (2 locations)||Main Terminal||Pre-security||9:30am to 7pm|
|Beaches Boardwalk Cafe’||Concourse B||Post-security||11am to 8pm|
|Books & Sanibel Bean||Concourse B||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|Burger King||Concourse B||Post-security||11am to 9pm|
|CNBC News||Concourse B||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|Maggie Moo’s||Concourse B||Post-security||11am to 8pm|
|Sbarro||Concourse C||Post-security||11am to 9pm|
|The Shell Factory||Concourse C||Post-security||11am to 9pm|
|A Day at the Beach||Concourse D||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|Casa Bacardi||Concourse D||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|CNBC News||Concourse D||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|The Great American Bagel||Concourse D||Post-security||7am to 8pm|
|Island Paradise||Concourse D||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|Palm City Market||Concourse D||Post-security||10am to 8pm|
|Starbucks||Concourse D||Post-security||5am to 10pm|
Fort Myers Airport parking
The Fort Myers Airport (RSW) has three parking garages and two surface lots. Parking rates start at $2 per hour.
- Short-term parking garage: This garage is located directly across from the terminal and offers covered parking. The first 20 minutes are free. Rates are $3 per hour, $16 per day, and $60 per week.
- Long-term parking lot: This lot is located beyond the short-term parking garage and the terminal. It is the economy parking, being also a surface lot. Shuttles provide transportation to/from this lot. The first 20 minutes are free. Rates are $2 per hour, $11 per day, and $60 per week.
- Economy parking lot: This lot is located beyond the long-term parking lot and the terminal. It is the cheapest parking option, but it is also the farthest from the terminal. Shuttles provide transportation to/from this lot. The first 20 minutes are free. Rates are $1 per hour, $7 per day, and $42 per week.
You can also park at off-site parking lots near the airport. These lots offer shuttle service to the airport. Rates vary, but they are typically cheaper than parking at the airport.
Transportation options available at RSW
- Shuttle vans: Shuttle vans are a popular option for transportation to and from the airport. They are typically shared rides, which means you will be sharing the van with other passengers. Shuttle vans can be found at the Ground Transportation level of both the Main Terminal and the South Terminal.
- Taxis: Taxis are another popular option for transportation to and from the airport. They are metered, so the fare will vary depending on the distance traveled. Taxis can be found at the taxi stands located on both the Main Terminal and the South Terminal.
- Ride-hailing services: Ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. These services are typically more expensive than shuttle vans or taxis, but they can be more convenient, as you can request a ride from your phone. Ride-hailing services can be picked up at the designated pick-up areas located on both the Main Terminal and the South Terminal.
- Rental cars: Rental cars are also available at the airport. There are several car rental companies located at the airport, both on-site and off-site. Rental cars can be a good option if you are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing or traveling to other destinations in the area. Check out our Best 6 Car Rental Companies at Fort Myers International Airport
- Public transportation: There is also public transportation available to and from the airport. The Lynx bus system has several routes that stop at the airport.
Compare the different Car Rental companies to find the best one below.
How many gates are there at the Fort Myers Airport
There are a total of 28 gates at the Fort Myers Airport (RSW). These gates are divided into three concourses:
- Concourse A: 9 gates
- Concourse B: 10 gates
- Concourse C: 9 gates
The airport is currently undergoing a $2.6 billion expansion project, which includes the construction of a new terminal, a new runway, and a new parking garage. The project is expected to be completed in 2027. Once the expansion is complete, the airport will have a total of 65 gates.
Fort Myers Airport Gates map
How early do I need to be at the Fort Myers Airport
The Greater Fort Myers Aviation Authority recommends arriving three hours before your scheduled departure time. However, this is just a general guideline and the actual amount of time you need to arrive will vary depending on a number of factors, such as:
- The time of day you are flying. The airport is busiest during the morning and evening rush hours.
- The day of the week you are flying. Weekends are typically busier than weekdays.
- The season you are flying. The airport is busiest during the summer months.
- Your airline. Some airlines have stricter security requirements than others.
- If you are checking bags. Checking bags can add extra time to your arrival time.
- If you have a connecting flight. You will need to allow extra time to get between terminals.
If you are unsure how early you need to arrive, it is always best to err on the side of caution and arrive earlier rather than later. This will give you peace of mind and ensure that you have plenty of time to get through security and find your gate.
Check out the RSW Airport Website: Fort Myersairports.net
Is there a free shuttle at the Fort Myers Airport
Yes, there are a few free shuttles available at the Fort Myers Airport (RSW):
- Airport connector: This shuttle runs between the main terminal and the rental car center. It operates every 15 minutes from 5am to 11pm.
- Hotel shuttle: This shuttle runs between the main terminal and select hotels in the area. It operates every 30 minutes from 6am to 11pm.
- Valet shuttle: This shuttle runs between the main terminal and the valet parking garage. It operates every 15 minutes from 5am to 11pm.
You can find more information about the free shuttles on the Fort Myers Airport website.
What rental car companies are at the Fort Myers Airport
- Alamo: 4 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Local Counter: 833-603-0306
- Avis: 4 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Local Counter: 239-225-2700
- Budget: 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Local Counter: 239-225-2800
- Dollar: 8 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Local Counter: 866-434-2226
- Enterprise: 4 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Local Counter: 833-763-1732
- Hertz: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Local Counter: 239-768-3100
- National: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m, Local Counter: 239-768-3100
Compare the different Car Rental companies to find the best one below.
Where to change your baby at Fort Myers Airport
There are several places to change your baby at Fort Myers International Airport (RSW). Here are a few options:
- Nursing mothers’ rooms: There are two nursing mothers’ rooms located in the main terminal, one in the West Atrium and one in the East Atrium. These rooms are equipped with a comfortable chair, a changing table, and a refrigerator.
- Family Restrooms: There are family restrooms located throughout the airport. These restrooms have a changing table and a sink.
- Restrooms: Most restrooms in the airport have a changing table.
Best place to sleep at the Fort Myers Airport
The Fort Myers Airport (RSW) does not have designated sleeping areas. However, there are a few places where you may be able to get some rest:
- Quiet areas: There are a few quiet areas in the airport, such as the nursing mothers’ rooms and the family restrooms. These areas may be less crowded and noisy than other areas of the airport.
- Chairs: There are many chairs in the airport, both in the public areas and in the security checkpoints. You may be able to find a chair that is comfortable enough to sleep in.
- Overnight parking: The airport has an overnight parking garage. You may be able to sleep in your car in the garage. However, this is not always allowed and it is important to check with the airport first.
Does the Fort Myers Airport have sleeping pots?
No, Fort Myers International Airport (RSW) does not have sleeping pods available for passengers to use. However, there are a few other options for resting and sleeping within the airport:
- Lounge chairs: Many lounge chairs are located throughout the airport. These chairs are not designed for sleeping, but they can be used for a short nap.
- Airport hotels: Several hotels are inside the airport, including the RSW Hotel and the Sheraton Fort Myers Airport Hotel. These hotels offer rooms for rent by the hour or overnight.
Where can I charge my phone at Fort Myers Airport
There are several places where you can charge your phone at Fort Myers International Airport (RSW). Here are a few options:
- Power outlets: There are power outlets located throughout the airport, including in the concourses, terminals, and restrooms.
- Airport lounges: If you are a member of an airport lounge, you can charge your phone in the lounge’s private power outlets.
- Tech stores: Several tech stores are located in the airport, such as Apple Store and Samsung. These stores usually have power outlets to charge your phone for free.
- Charging stations: A few charging stations are located throughout the airport. These stations typically have multiple power outlets and may also have USB ports.
Fort Myers Airport: Airport lounge & opening hours and price for each lounge
There are no airport lounges at the Fort Myers Airport (RSW).
Can I exchange money at the Fort Myers Airport?
Yes, you can exchange money at the Fort Myers Airport (RSW). There are several currency exchange kiosks located in the main terminal, near the baggage claim area. The exchange rates may vary from kiosk to kiosk, so it is a good idea to compare rates before you exchange your money.
Here are the details of the currency exchange kiosks at the Fort Myers Airport:
- American Currency Exchange: This kiosk is located in the main terminal, near the baggage claim area. It is open from 6am to 11pm.
- Travelex: This kiosk is also located in the main terminal, near the baggage claim area. It is open from 6am to 11pm.
- Foreign Exchange: This kiosk is located in the main terminal, near the security checkpoint. It is open from 5am to 11pm.
The exchange rates at currency exchange bureaus can vary, so it is a good idea to compare rates before you exchange your money. You can exchange money at banks, but the hours may be limited.
Check out my page about money and travel for more information about exchanging money: Money & Travel