Revitalize your Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) travel experience with our comprehensive guide. Whether a frequent flyer or a first-time visitor, this guide will ensure you’re well-equipped to make the most of your time at FLL. Explore everything from terminal insights and gate details to parking options, dining, and even catching some rest during layovers. Join us in unraveling the secrets to a smooth journey through this bustling gateway.
For the best map, check: Fort Lauderdaleairports.net/getting-around-FLL/They have a app that makes it really easy
We may receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my Dreams.
Updated 2024 Fort Lauderdale Airport Information
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Airlines||American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, and more|
|Destinations||Over 125 domestic and international destinations|
|New routes in 2024||Ronald Reagan National Airport (Washington, D.C.), Phoenix, Omaha, Nebraska, Albany, New York, Hartford, Connecticut, Louisville, Kentucky, Nashville, Tennessee, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
|Seasonal routes in 2024||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Parking||Short-term, long-term, and valet parking available|
|Ground transportation||Taxis, shuttles, rental cars, and ride-hailing services available|
|Amenities||Restaurants, bars, shops, and other services available|
|Hours of operation||24 hours a day, 7 days a week|
Please note that this information is subject to change. For the latest information, please visit the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport website.
Here are some additional details about the new routes in 2024:
- American Airlines will offer twice-daily nonstop service to Ronald Reagan National Airport beginning in November.
- Southwest Airlines will begin flying to Phoenix; Omaha, Nebraska; Albany, New York; Hartford, Connecticut; and Louisville, Kentucky in January.
- Allegiant Air will offer nonstop service to Nashville, Tennessee beginning November 16 and Cedar Rapids, Iowa the following day.
The seasonal routes to Tel Aviv, Israel will be offered by EL AL Israel Airlines. The flights will operate from September to October in 2024, and are expected to become year-round in the spring of 2025.
Check below for the best flight prices.
Restaurants at Fort Lauderdale Airport and Their Google Rating, Location, and opening times.
Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) is a large and busy airport with over 50 million passengers yearly. With so many people coming and going, it’s no surprise that there are a variety of restaurants to choose from, serving everything from quick snacks to fine dining.
Here are a few of the most popular restaurants at FLL, along with their Google rating, location, and opening times:
|Restaurant||Google Rating||Location||Opening times|
|Umami Sushi||4.3||Terminal 1, Concourse A||6am to 10pm|
|Rocco’s Tacos & Tequila Bar||4.2||Terminal 1, Concourse B||11am to 10pm|
|Bokampers Sports Bar & Grill||4.1||Terminal 2, Concourse A||11am to 10pm|
|The Counter||4||Terminal 2, Concourse B||11am to 10pm|
|BRIO Tuscan Grille||4||Terminal 3, Concourse E||11am to 9pm|
|The Palm||4||Terminal 3, Concourse F||11am to 9pm|
|Bobby’s Burger Palace||4||Terminal 4, Concourse A||11am to 9pm|
|Starbucks||4||All terminals||6am to 10pm|
|Dunkin’||3.9||All terminals||5am to 10pm|
|Pret a Manger||4||Terminal 1, Concourse A||6am to 9pm|
Amenities available at the Fort Lauderdale Airport:
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport.
- Charging stations: There are many charging stations available throughout the airport, including in the terminals, concourses, and security checkpoints.
- Luggage storage: There are several luggage storage facilities located at the airport, both inside and outside of the security checkpoints.
- Rest areas: There are several rest areas located throughout the airport, including quiet rooms, napping areas, and family rooms.
- Nursing rooms: There are several nursing rooms located throughout the airport, both pre- and post-security.
- Airport lounges: There are several airport lounges available for passengers to use, either for free or for a fee. These lounges offer a variety of amenities, such as free food and drinks, Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating.
- Disabled facilities: The airport is wheelchair accessible and has a number of amenities for disabled travelers, such as accessible restrooms, elevators, and ramps.
- Pet relief areas: There are two pet relief areas located outside of the airport, one in the Main Terminal and one in the South Terminal.
Security procedures at Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL)
- You will need to show your boarding pass and identification to the TSA officer at the security checkpoint.
- You will need to remove your shoes, belt, jacket, and hat, and place them in a bin for X-ray screening.
- You will need to remove your laptop and liquids from your carry-on luggage and place them in a separate bin for X-ray screening.
- You will need to walk through a metal detector.
- You may be selected for additional screening, such as a pat-down or a swab of your hands for explosives.
The security procedures at FLL are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to check the TSA website for the latest information.
Airlines Operating From FLL
|Air Canada||Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa|
|Alaska Airlines||Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles|
|Allegiant Air||Destin, Fort Myers, Orlando, Sarasota, Tampa|
|American Airlines||Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York/LaGuardia, New York/JFK|
|Avelo Airlines||New Haven, Providence|
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York/JFK, Salt Lake City|
|Frontier Airlines||Denver, Orlando, Las Vegas, Phoenix|
|JetBlue Airways||Boston, New York/JFK, New York/LaGuardia, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando|
|Spirit Airlines||Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Orlando, Philadelphia|
|Southwest Airlines||Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles|
|United Airlines||Chicago, Denver, Houston, Newark, Washington/Dulles|
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there may be other airlines that operate from FLL. You can check the official website of FLL Airport for the latest list of airlines and destinations.
Shops at Fort Lauderdale Airport and their Location and opening times.
Encounter a range of shopping options at Fort Lauderdale Airport, though experiences may vary. The airport’s shopping scene caters to different preferences, from pricey fashion outlets showcasing the latest styles to duty-free stores claiming deals on luxury goods. Engage in retail therapy at recognizable brand stores, hunt for souvenirs in local artisan stalls, and navigate several convenience shops for travel necessities. Whether you’re seeking upscale items or rushed purchases, the shops at Fort Lauderdale Airport offer a pre-flight shopping encounter.
|Hudson Booksellers||Terminal 1 B Gates||5:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Hudson News||Terminal 1 B Gates||6:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Tropical News||Near baggage claim carousel 1||5:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Duty Free||Terminal 1 C Gates||4:30 AM – 11:59 PM|
|CNBC Smartshop||Terminal 1 D Gates||5:00 AM – 11:59 PM|
|Bags To Go||Terminal 1 D Gates||5:00 AM – 11:59 PM|
|Lee Wagner Art Gallery||Terminal 1 D Gates||5:00 AM – 11:59 PM|
|Tech on the Go||Terminal 1 D Gates||5:00 AM – 11:59 PM|
|Broward Duty-Free Terminal 3F||Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, 320 Terminal Dr, Fort Lauderdale||4:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
Fort Lauderdale Airport parking
There are several options for parking at Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL). Here are the 4 main options:
- On-airport parking: FLL has three on-airport parking garages:
- Hibiscus Garage: This garage is located near Terminal 1 and offers short-term and long-term parking.
- Palm Garage: This garage is located near Terminal 2 and offers long-term parking.
- Terminal 3 Garage: This garage is located near Terminal 3 and offers short-term and long-term parking.
- The hourly rates for on-airport parking start at $3 per hour. The daily rates start at $25 for short-term parking and $15 for long-term parking.
- Off-airport parking: There are several off-airport parking lots near FLL. These lots offer lower rates than on-airport parking, but they may be a little bit further away from the airport.
- Parking Spot: This company offers valet parking at several locations near FLL. The rates start at $12 per day.
- SpotHero: This company offers a variety of parking options near FLL, including valet parking, self-parking, and parking garages. The rates vary depending on the location and the type of parking.
- ParkWhiz: This company also offers a variety of parking options near FLL. The rates vary depending on the location and the type of parking.
When choosing a parking option, it is important to consider your budget, your needs, and your preferences. If you are on a tight budget, off-site parking is a good option. If you need to be close to the terminals, on-site parking is a better choice. And if you want the convenience of valet parking, be prepared to pay a premium.
Compare the different Car Rental companies to find the best one below.
Transportation options available at FLL
- Shuttle vans: Shuttle vans are a popular option for transportation to and from the airport. They are typically shared rides, which means you will be sharing the van with other passengers. Shuttle vans can be found at the Ground Transportation level of both the Main Terminal and the South Terminal.
- Taxis: Taxis are another popular option for transportation to and from the airport. They are metered, so the fare will vary depending on the distance traveled. Taxis can be found at the taxi stands located on both the Main Terminal and the South Terminal.
- Ride-hailing services: Ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. These services are typically more expensive than shuttle vans or taxis, but they can be more convenient, as you can request a ride from your phone. Ride-hailing services can be picked up at the designated pick-up areas located on both the Main Terminal and the South Terminal.
- Rental cars: Rental cars are also available at the airport. There are several car rental companies located at the airport, both on-site and off-site. Rental cars can be a good option if you are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing or traveling to other destinations in the area. Check out our Best 6 Car Rental Companies at Fort Lauderdale International Airport
- Public transportation: There is also public transportation available to and from the airport. The Lynx bus system has several routes that stop at the airport. The SunRail commuter rail also has a station located at the airport. Public transportation is a more affordable option, but it may not be as convenient as other options
How many gates are there at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
There are a total of 66 gates at Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL). These gates are spread across its four terminals:
- Terminal 1: 22 gates
- Terminal 2: 14 gates
- Terminal 3: 29 gates
- Terminal 4: 1 gates
The gates are color-coded to make it easier for passengers to find their way around. Terminal 1 gates are color-coded yellow, Terminal 2 gates are color-coded red, Terminal 3 gates are color-coded purple, and Terminal 4 gates are color-coded green.
Fort Lauderdale Airport Gates map
How early do I need to be at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Aviation Authority recommends arriving three hours before your scheduled departure time. However, this is just a general guideline and the actual amount of time you need to arrive will vary depending on a number of factors, such as:
- The time of day you are flying. The airport is busiest during the morning and evening rush hours.
- The day of the week you are flying. Weekends are typically busier than weekdays.
- The season you are flying. The airport is busiest during the summer months.
- Your airline. Some airlines have stricter security requirements than others.
- If you are checking bags. Checking bags can add extra time to your arrival time.
- If you have a connecting flight. You will need to allow extra time to get between terminals.
If you are unsure how early you need to arrive, it is always best to err on the side of caution and arrive earlier rather than later. This will give you peace of mind and ensure that you have plenty of time to get through security and find your gate.
Check out the FLL Airport Website: Fort Lauderdaleairports.net
Is there a free shuttle at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
yes, there is a free shuttle at Fort Lauderdale Airport. The shuttle operates between the airport terminals and the Rental Car Center. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
The shuttle stop is located at the ground transportation level of each terminal. The shuttle is wheelchair accessible.
Here are the shuttle stop locations:
- Terminal 1: Ground Transportation Level, outside baggage claim carousel 1
- Terminal 2: Ground Transportation Level, outside baggage claim carousel 1
- Terminal 3: Ground Transportation Level, outside baggage claim carousel 1
- Rental Car Center: Ground Transportation Level, outside the Rental Car Center entrance
What rental car companies are at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
|Alamo||Starts at $45|
|Avis||Starts at $40|
|Budget||Starts at $35|
|Enterprise||Starts at $30|
|Hertz||Starts at $40|
|National||Starts at $40|
|Thrifty||Starts at $35|
|Sixt||Starts at $50|
|Budget Truck Rental||Starts at $19.99|
|Enterprise Rent-A-Truck||Starts at $25.99|
Compare the different Car Rental companies to find the best one below.
Where to change your baby at Fort Lauderdale Airport
There are several places to change your baby at Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL). Here are a few options:
- Baby Oasis: There are two Baby Oasis facilities located in the airport, one in Terminal 1 and one in Terminal 3. These facilities have private changing tables, a sink, and a comfortable seating area.
- Family Restrooms: There are family restrooms located throughout the airport. These restrooms have a changing table and a sink.
- Restrooms: Most restrooms in the airport have a changing table.
- Airport Lounges: If you are a member of an airport lounge, you can change your baby in the lounge’s private restroom.
Best place to sleep at the Fort Lauderdale Airport
There are a few places where you can sleep at the Fort Lauderdale Airport, but all of them have their pros and cons. Here are a few of the best options:
- Airport Lounges: If you are a member of an airport lounge, this is the best option for sleeping at the airport. Lounges typically have comfortable seating, Wi-Fi, and other amenities that will make your stay more comfortable. However, lounge access can be expensive.
- Rest areas: There are several rest areas located throughout the airport. These areas have comfortable seating, but they may be noisy.
- Airport Hotels: There are several hotels located near the Fort Lauderdale Airport. These hotels offer a variety of amenities, including comfortable beds, Wi-Fi, and shuttle service to the airport. However, they can be expensive.
The best place to sleep at the Fort Lauderdale Airport will depend on your budget and your preferences. If you are looking for a comfortable and quiet place to sleep, an airport lounge is the best option. If you are on a budget, a quiet zone or overnight rest area may be a better option. And if you are looking for a more private and luxurious experience, a sleeping pod or airport hotel may be the best choice.
Does the Fort Lauderdale Airport have sleeping pots?
No, Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) does not have sleeping pods available for passengers to use. However, there are a few other options for resting and sleeping within the airport:
- Lounge chairs: Many lounge chairs are located throughout the airport. These chairs are not designed for sleeping, but they can be used for a short nap.
- Airport hotels: Several hotels are inside the airport, including the FLL Hotel and the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel. These hotels offer rooms for rent by the hour or overnight.
Where can I charge my phone at Fort Lauderdale Airport
There are several places where you can charge your phone at Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL). Here are a few options:
- Power outlets: There are power outlets located throughout the airport, including in the concourses, terminals, and restrooms.
- Airport lounges: If you are a member of an airport lounge, you can charge your phone in the lounge’s private power outlets.
- Tech stores: Several tech stores are located in the airport, such as Apple Store and Samsung. These stores usually have power outlets to charge your phone for free.
- Charging stations: A few charging stations are located throughout the airport. These stations typically have multiple power outlets and may also have USB ports.
Fort Lauderdale Airport: Airport lounge & opening hours and price for each lounge
|Lounge||Location||Opening hours||Price||Free for members of|
|Escape Lounges – The Centurion® Studio Partner||Terminal 3||5:30 AM – 9:00 PM||$40 for walk-in, $32 if pre-booked at least 24 hours in advance||American Express Platinum and Delta SkyMiles Reserve cardholders|
|Delta Sky Club||Terminal 2||4:15 AM – 8:00 PM||Free for Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Diamond cardholders, $59 for others||Delta SkyMiles Gold and Silver cardholders, Delta Sky Club members, and SkyTeam Elite Plus members|
Can I exchange money at the Fort Lauderdale Airport?
You can exchange money at Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL). There are several currency exchange bureaus located throughout the airport.
Here are a few of the currency exchange bureaus at FLL:
- Currency Exchange International (CXI): There are two CXI kiosks located in the airport, one in Terminal 1 and one in Terminal 3
- American Express Travel Services: There is one American Express Travel Services kiosk located in Terminal 2.
- Thomas Exchange International: There is one Thomas Exchange International kiosk located in Terminal 4.
The exchange rates at currency exchange bureaus can vary, so it is a good idea to compare rates before you exchange your money. You can exchange money at banks, but the hours may be limited.
Check out my page about money and travel for more information about exchanging money: Money & Travel