Florida Teacher’s Starting Salary for the 2022 to 2023 school year is between $44,500 and $55,177 for a beginning teacher with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience.
Teachers in Florida earn an average salary of $58,568 a year. A realistic number that a teacher makes depends on many factors; years of service within the school district is the most significant factor. A close second is the degree level; after that, it depends on where you work in Florida. Do you teach for 10 or 12 months? Do you give training or are you a Coach? All these factors determine the salary of a Florida State teacher. Below is a list of School Districts in Florida; click on the one you want to know the realistic teacher salary.
Manatee County has the highest starting Salary in Florida State at $55,177. This is 24% more than Alachua County’s $44,500, with the lowest starting salary on our list. Having said that, Seminole County has the most significant pay bump for a Master’s degree in the first year at $4,125, while Escambia County has the lowest raise for a Master’s in the first year at $0. With a Doctorate, your best option is Manatee County because it has the highest starting salary for a Ph.D. at $61,111; this is the Second most significant increase at $5,934. Leon County has the lowest Starting salary for a Ph.D. at $50,200.
Florida Teacher Salary Chart:
|Florida Virtual School||$52,000||$52,000||$52,000|
|Palm Beach County||$49,133||$52,133||$55,133|
|St. Johns County||$47,500||$49,000||$52,500|
What’s more, the job market for teachers is substantial.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that jobs as school teachers will grow by 20% through 2026. Please consider that many colleges and universities offer tuition reimbursement programs to attract prospective college graduates who majored in education. Check with your local school district to learn more about their teacher salary policies and what kinds of scholarships are available to prospective students who plan on becoming a teacher one day.
How Much Does a Teacher Make in Your District?
Please see the Salary Schedule by District below; if you can’t find yours, we are probably working on it and will post it soon.
- A Guide to Become a Teacher in Florida
- Alachua County Florida Teacher salaries
- Brevard County Florida Teacher salaries
- Broward County Florida Teacher salaries
- Clay County Florida Teacher salaries
- Collier County Florida Teacher salaries
- Duval County Florida Teacher salaries
- Escambia County Florida Teacher salaries
- Florida Virtual School Teacher salaries
- Hillsborough County Florida Teacher salaries
- Lee County Florida Teacher salaries
- Leon County Florida Teacher salaries
- Manatee County Florida Teacher salaries
- Marion County Florida Teacher salaries
- Miami-Dade County Florida Teacher salaries
- Okaloosa County Florida Teacher salaries
- Orange County Florida Teacher salaries
- Osceola County Florida Teacher salaries
- Palm Beach County Florida Teacher salaries
- Pasco County Florida Teacher salaries
- Pinellas County Florida Teacher salaries
- Seminole County Florida Teacher salaries
- St. Johns County, Florida Teacher salaries
- Volusia County Florida Teacher salaries