Planning a trip to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International? If you’re looking to rent a car, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll provide a complete guide to car rental at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG).
We’ll cover everything from the different car rental companies that operate at CVG to how to get to the rental car center from the airport terminals. We’ll also give you some tips for saving money on your car rental.
We may receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my Dreams.
Teacher Tip: Before securing your car rental, visit Rentalcars.com to ensure you get the best deal!” 🌍🚗🔑
My top 5 Rental Car companies at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
I’ve tried several car rental companies, and here are my recommendations:
- National Car Rental: I’ve rented from National several times and have always been happy with their service. They have many cars to choose from, and their prices are competitive. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Check National Car Rental’s best deals.
- 4.4 Stars, 1,296 Google reviews
- National: opening time 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Call 844-913-0726 to contact National Car Rental.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise is another excellent option. They have a large fleet of cars, and their prices are very reasonable. They also offer a variety of discounts and promotions. We had family from out of town, and they had a fantastic Chevrolet Suburban ready for us, which was terrific. Check out Enterprise Cars.
- 4.2 Stars, 1,338 Google reviews
- Enterprise: opening times are 6 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Call +1 844-913-0728 to Contact Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car is a good choice for travelers seeking a more affordable option. They offer a variety of car classes, and their prices are typically lower than other car rental companies in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. Alamo Rent A Car car rental at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. Check out, Alamo.
- 4.1 Stars, 473 Google reviews
- Alamo: opening time 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Call +1 844-913-0725 to Contact Alamo Rent-A-Car.
- Hertz is a well-known car rental company that offers a variety of car classes and amenities. They have a large fleet of cars, so you’ll find the perfect vehicle for your needs. Hertz is also a good option for travelers looking for rewards programs. Hertz car rental at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport airport. Check out, Hertz.
- 4.1 Stars, 172 Google reviews
- Hertz: Opening Times: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Call 859-767-3535 to Contact Hertz.
- Avis is a good car rental company because it offers a variety of cars to choose from, including economy cars, SUVs, minivans, luxury cars, and even trucks, but their vehicles are top-of-the-line. Avis is a good choice for travelers seeking a luxurious car rental experience, Avis car rental at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport Airport. Check out what vehicles Avis has ready for you.
- 3.5 Stars, 875 Google reviews
- Avis: is open from 6 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Call (1) 859-980-0003 to Contact Avis.
Ultimately, the best car rental company for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Consider the most important factors to you, such as price, car class, amenities, and rewards programs. Then, compare the different companies to find the best one for you.
Compare the different Car Rental companies to find the best one below.
How do I get to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport rental car center?
The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport rental car center is now located inside the terminal, on the first floor down from baggage claim. There is no need to take a shuttle to the rental car center. To get there, follow the signs for “Car Rental” from baggage claim.
Here are the steps on how to get to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport rental car center:
- Exit the baggage claim area.
- Follow the signs for “Car Rental”.
- Take the escalator or elevator down to the first floor.
- The rental car counters will be on your right.
You can also use the CVG Airport app to get directions to the rental car center.
Here are the directions to the rental car center from the CVG Airport app:
- Open the CVG Airport app.
- Tap on the “Maps” tab.
- Enter “Rental Car Center” in the search bar.
- Tap on the “Rental Car Center” icon.
- The directions will be displayed on the map.
Is there a rental car shuttle at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport?
There is no longer a rental car shuttle at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). The rental car center is now inside the terminal, on the first floor, down from baggage claim. There is no need to take a shuttle to the rental car center. Follow the “Car Rental” signs from the baggage claim to get there.
In the past, a shuttle ran between the rental car center and the airport terminal. However, the rental car companies consolidated their operations into a single center inside the terminal in 2021. This made it easier for passengers to get to their rental cars without taking a shuttle.
Check here for the best prices on Flights.
How late can you pick up a rental car at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport?
The hours of operation for the rental car center at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) vary depending on the rental car company. However, most companies are open until 11:00 p.m. Here are the rental car companies that operate at CVG and their hours of operation:
- Alamo: 6:00 a.m. to 12 a.m. Local Counter: 844-913-0725
- Avis: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Local Counter: 859-980-0003
- Budget: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Local Counter: 859-980-003
- Dollar: 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. Local Counter: 866-434-2226
- Enterprise: 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Local Counter: 844-913-0728
- Hertz: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Local Counter: 859-767-3535
- National: 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Local Counter: 844-913-0726
Compare the different Car Rental companies to find the best one below.
Here are the steps on how to return a car at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport:
here are the steps on how to return a car at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG):
- Check the rental agreement. Make sure you know the mileage and fuel level you are supposed to return the car with. You can find this information on your rental agreement.
- Fill up the gas tank. You will be charged for the difference if you do not return the car with a full gas tank.
- Clean the car inside and out. Make sure the car is clean and free of the trash. You may also be charged for cleaning if the car is not clean.
- Park the car in the designated return area. The return area is located on the east side of the airport, just off of Tahquitz Canyon Way.
- Go to the rental car return counter. The counter is located in the main terminal, near baggage claim.
- Turn in your rental agreement and keys. The agent will inspect the car and check the mileage and fuel level.
- Pay any outstanding charges. If you have any outstanding charges, such as late fees or fuel charges, you must pay them at the counter.
- Get your receipt. The agent will give you a receipt for your return.
Here are some additional tips for returning your car at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport:
- Allow plenty of time to return your car. The Rental Car Center can get busy, especially during peak travel times.
- Follow your rental car company’s instructions if you return your car after hours. Some companies have after-hours drop-off locations, while others require you to leave the keys in a designated box.
- Be sure to scrutinize the car before you return it. If you see any damage, report it to the agent immediately.
Saving Money on Your Car Rental at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Book your car rental in advance. This will give you more time to compare prices and find the best deal. You can use a website like Kayak or Expedia to compare prices from car rental companies.
- Consider renting a car during the off-season. This is when car rental rates are typically lower. For example, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is a popular tourist destination during winter, so car rental rates will be higher if you can. Try to rent a car during the summer or fall months when rates are typically lower.
- Be flexible with your pick-up and drop-off times. You can save money by picking up your car in the morning or late at night. Car rental companies typically charge higher rates for pick-up and drop-off during peak hours.
- Join a car rental loyalty program. This can give you access to discounts and other perks. For example, many car rental loyalty programs offer free upgrades or waived fees.
- Consider renting a car from an off-airport location. Off-airport car rental locations are typically cheaper than on-airport car rental locations. However, it would help if you took a shuttle bus to get to the rental office.
- Read the fine print before you book your car rental. Be sure to understand all of the terms and conditions of your rental agreement, including the cancellation policy and any additional fees that may apply.
Here are some additional tips that you can follow to save money on your car rental at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport:
- Use a credit card that offers travel rewards. Many credit cards offer points or miles that can be redeemed for car rentals. This can help you save money on car rental, especially if you rent cars frequently.
- Check with your insurance company to see if they offer rental car insurance. Many insurance companies offer rental car insurance as part of their policies. This can save you money on the insurance that you purchase from the car rental company.
- Be sure to inspect the car carefully before you drive it away. Please take note of any existing damage to the vehicle so that you are not responsible for it when you return the vehicle.
What are the different types of airport car rental places?
There are two main types of airport car rental places: on-airport and off-airport. On-airport car rental places are located directly at the airport, while off-airport car rental places are located a short distance away from the airport.
What are the pros and cons of on-airport and off-airport car rental places?
On-airport car rental places are more convenient, as you can pick up and drop off your car at the airport. However, they are also typically more expensive than off-airport car rental places. Off-airport car rental places are less convenient, as you must take a shuttle bus to the rental office. However, they are often much cheaper than on-airport car rental places.
What are the different factors that affect the cost of a car rental?
The cost of car rental can vary depending on several factors, including the type of car you rent, the length of your rental, and the time of year you rent. Other factors that can affect the cost of car rental include your age, your driving record, and whether you have any insurance.
What are the different fees that I may be charged for car rental?
In addition to the rental price, you may also be charged for several other fees, including fuel charges, airport fees, and drop-off fees. Fuel charges are typically based on the fuel the car has when you return it, and the airport charges airport fees for the privilege of renting a car there. Drop-off fees are charged if you return the vehicle to a different location than where you picked it up.